The History of Duropal
Since 1958, Duropal has been a world leader in the manufacture of high pressure laminates. Duropal in the 1960s was at the front of technological development in the industry with the first industrial scale application of urea resins for gluing high pressure laminates to chipboard.
With the introduction of the 4.1 meter length press and new textures in the 1970’s, the reputation for creative innovation was reinforced. Commitment to the UK market was secured by the opening of an office in Gerrards Cross in 1977. Later in the 1980’s innovation grew through the acquisition of a majority shareholding by Pfleiderer. In the 1990’s the investment continued with a new high capacity high pressure laminate press and the acquisition of the remaining shareholding to the original Duropal-Werk Eberhand Wrede GmbH & Co. KG. This later became Pfleiderer AG.
In the turn of the century, the pace of change still continues. A new high pressure laminate press was commissioned in 2001 at Arnsberg factory, which then later added more significant investments with the addition of a second continuously operating high pressure laminate press. Further significant investments continued in July 2004; new offices were created in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Thereby providing for Pfleiderer’s continued commitment to serve and support the UK markets.
With the corporate restructuring and the acquisition of Kunz by Pfleiderer, and turned into the worldwide leading manufacturing of engineered wood and decorative products. Pfleiderer GmbH currently employs around 3,100 people and operates 8 plants in Western & Eastern Europe.
Our kitchens and bathroom stock a wide range of Duropal products, which are also of the highest quality. Give us a call on 01623 515793, or email us at email@example.com and find out what we can do to make your perfect kitchen or bathroom.